Creating learning communities where all educators are focused on student results requires new ways of learning together. Educators must work together to build a common language and a clear understanding of the results of formative assessment and design new ways to improve teaching practices. This book looks at practical and specific ways to use protocols to prompt and support new habits of working together in collaborative teams.
- Make meeting time effective, efficient, and respected by examining model conversations and strategies for keeping participants on task.
- Ensure an equal exchange of ideas, feedback, and expertise even from less-verbal participants.
- Use a dialogue and reflection before decision making.
- Learn a collaborative process for developing ground rules.
- Promote a safe and supportive structure for discussing challenges.