Workshops (1 or 2 Days)
Become part of a growing network of schools that are using the key ideas and strategies from Collaborative Teams That Transform Schools to transform student learning. This workshop is aimed at educators and leaders at all levels of schools and systems. During this professional learning opportunity, participants will:
- Learn how the work of collaborative teams sits at the heart of a strong professional learning community
- Discover six key questions that underpin every school improvement measure
- Explore the work of collaborative teams in regard to curriculum, assessment, instruction and teacher development
- Understand how true collaboration moves schools closer towards achieving high levels of learning for all students
- Learn how collaborative teams engage in job-embedded professional learning to strengthen their teaching practices
Our authors and in-school specialists will show you how to increase team effectiveness and transform your school into a highly effective PLC by addressing the following six questions:
- What is it we want our students to know?
- How will we know if our students are learning?
- How will we respond when students do not learn?
- How will we enrich and extend the learning for students who are proficient?
- How will we increase our instructional competence?
- How will we coordinate our efforts as a school?
A PLC Progress Report is the culmination of a thorough analysis undertaken by one of our trained PLC associates to assist you in evaluating current practices and identifying improvement strategies.
Our training associates have been carefully selected based on their expertise in the practices of PLCs and their success in implementing those practices in the real world of schools.
During this process, the training associate will:
- Contact your school to gain a deeper understanding of your context and PLC-related initiatives
- Gather and examine artifacts and products created by educators in your school
- Review school data on student achievement, engagement, attendance, discipline and demographics
- Produce a report that includes an introduction, commendations, recommendations, observations and a conclusion that promotes a plan for action
Bring an author or expert to your school, conference or event for a 60-to-90-minute interactive video session based on the principles of Collaborative Teams That Transform Schools.
Engage and inspire educational leaders by utilising the expertise of our authors. Keynotes can focus on one or more themes from the work of Collaborative Teams That Transform Schools as a springboard to further learning.